Dentist in Citrus Heights area practices biological dentistry for a healthier mouth and body
If you’ve never heard of a dentist offering ozone therapy, adhering to international protocols for the removal of mercury-containing “silver” fillings, or comprehensive exams that include a discussion of nutritional and supplementation needs, you are not alone. Not every dentist can legitimately claim to be a “biological” dentist in the Citrus Heights area.
Sacramento Natural Dentistry offers the services mentioned above and a number of other approaches united by the following characteristics:
- Each technique, type of procedure, and dental material used by the dentist promotes whole-body health. For instance, the holistic dental team will select conservative procedures such as inlays and onlays over the common restorative treatment used by general dentists: the dental crown. Conservative approaches generally minimize risk, trauma, and number of appointments, which makes for a happier and healthier patient.
- Materials used by the dentist and his team are biocompatible, so they do not pose toxicity risks to patients. For example, amalgam or silver-colored fillings are controversial, because they contain mercury. Sacramento Natural Dentistry only places non-metal fillings.
- Training and procedures are in place to safely remove old silver fillings and replace them with beautiful, durable tooth-colored fillings that are free of mercury and BPA-safe. Sacramento Natural Dentistry provides mercury-safe and mercury-free dental care. Only professionals who adhere to the guidelines established by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology can truly claim to be mercury safe.
- Education is a foundation of the practice, and considers how the health of the body is reflected in the mouth and vice versa. For this reason, a comprehensive consultation with the dentist exceeds standard cleaning and exams. The team will discuss dietary and other habits that negatively affect the health of your teeth. When your mouth is not at its best, your body can’t be at its best. Biological dentistry focuses on personalized care, so a plan is tailored specifically to your needs.
- Since biological dentistry is so focused on the overall quality of your life, Sacramento Natural Dentistry has invested in technologies such as CAD/CAM that render crowns and other restorations in a single visit, as well as lasers that promote healing and reduce the risk of complications from common treatments.
- The dental team will make every effort to maintain or restore oral health.
- Call (916) 823-8585 to schedule an appointment and acquaint yourself with a healthier approach to dentistry.
Back to Biological Dentistry Page