Snoring can be a frustrating habit. More than that, millions of people who think they have a snoring problem actually have a concerning sleep disorder called sleep apnea. The most common type of apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, which can easily be mistaken for nothing more than snoring.
- Restless sleep
- Loud gasping or choking sounds
- Feeling excessively tired during the day
- Difficulty staying on track or remembering information
- A chronic morning sore throat or headache
- Anxiety or depression (new or worsening)
- Moodiness and irritability
Solving the problem and restoring sleep
Obstructive sleep apnea can be treated in a few different ways. The standard medical treatment is the prescribed use of CPAP. This therapeutic machine looks like a small air compressor. It sits bedside, and a hose from the machine forces air pressure through the airway via a mask worn over the nose. Though the continual pressure from forced air is gentle, many patients find treatment intolerable due to side effects such as claustrophobia, dry eyes, or stomach bloating.
- Comfortable appliance fits in the mouth easily
- Sleep position is not limited due to the attachment to the machine
- You can conveniently take your oral appliance with you when you travel
- Speaking, moving, and drinking are not inhibited by the oral appliance
What our patients say about Sleep Apnea Treatment
“I was very pleasantly surprised at how at ease I felt the whole process. Going to the dentist had never been my favorite pastime. But I felt at ease the whole time, no pain, and I am very happy with the results, as my teeth do not feel sensitive at all, not to mention that I have two mercury fillings less in my mouth now, which was one of the main reasons I chose Sacramento Natural Dentistry in the first place. I was very impressed with Dr. Azouz’ work as well as with his whole team. I would highly recommend it.“ Gabriela O.